Welcome to the Women and Children's Hospital Tiny Toes information page. Whether this is your first child or your fifth, no time is more exciting than these next few months. Your baby will be here before you know it! Make sure you get things started on the right foot by enrolling in Tiny Toes, offered exclusively by Women & Children’s Hospital (WCH). Tiny Toes was developed to help make your childbirth experience an even more cherished lifetime event. When you become a WCH Tiny Toes member, we will provide you with the following membership benefits:
- Skilled and experienced staff – We take pride in our experience and the skill of our team in helping you bring your bundle of joy into the world.
- A tour of our OB Unit – For your peace of mind, you are welcome to schedule a tour, meet with our staff and ask any questions you have related to your day of delivery.
- Information via our website through our Health Resources link – When you visit the Health Resources section, you have access to a wealth of current information on pregnancy and childbirth.
- Prenatal Education (Birthing Classes) – For a small fee, we offer classes for moms and their families. WCH offers instruction for childbirth, childbirth “refresher,” breastfeeding, infant massage, baby basics pediatric CPR (non-certification) and sibling classes. Call 337-475-4700 for more information or click here for a schedule.
- Proud Parent Meal – To help you celebrate the birth of your child, our food and nutrition services staff will prepare a special lunch or dinner of your choice for you, dad or a family member to enjoy in your room.
- A special collection of keepsakes to help celebrate the birth of your child – When your baby finally arrives, Tiny Toes will make sure you have a few memorable keepsakes from our staff including:
- A personalized Women & Children’s Hospital HALO® Sleepsack Swaddle™ for baby.
- A hospital bag filled with gifts and discounts from our Tiny Toes partners and area merchants.
- Baby’s first photo, a digital photo of your baby posted on WCH’s Tiny Toes Web site. (Parental consent required, with viewing privileges password protected for use by family and friends only.)
- Discounts from local merchants (participation varies) – We have partnered with several local merchants to provide you with some extra perks after your delivery. These special offers will be provided to you, along with your hospital keepsakes, as you leave the hospital.
To help more pregnant women and new moms get information about caring for their health and giving their babies the best possible start in life, the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition (HMHB) launched text4baby, the first free health text messaging service in the U.S.
Text4baby supports moms by providing accurate, text-length health information and resources in a format that is personal and timely, using a channel she knows and uses. Click here for more information or to sign up for this program.